Maybe I've been in bed by 10:30 more nights in last few weeks than I can count.
Maybe I haven't been able to fall asleep til' after midnight.
Maybe the minute I get out of my bed I am looking forward to crawling back in it at night.
Maybe it's because I put my comfy down-comforter on and it makes my bed feel like heaven.
Maybe I've watched three awesome movies today.
The Birdcage, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Hook.
Maybe I'm going to look at a house tomorrow.
Maybe that house is down a dirt road.
Maybe I'm really excited about it.
Maybe I really wish my husband was home so we could go look at it together.
Maybe I made really good beef stew last night for dinner.
Maybe I've had two bowls of said stew today.
Maybe I'm really excited for Sons of Anarchy tonight.
Maybe I realize that my life sounds a little pathetic right now.
Maybe I'm working really hard to change that.

I love this! If it helps--your life doesn't sound pathetic to me at all; in fact, it sounds like a daydream! A comfy bed with a yummy-warm down comforter that you can just lay in whenever you so desire...going to look at a potential home to live in on a dirt road...delicious stew...time to yourself to just veg and watch movies...though I suppose one's daydream is dependent upon their life perspective. Perhaps you see my life as a daydream...tucking two munchkins into bed at night praying with all my might that they please, please sleep through the night and maybe stay in bed past 5:00 am...busily organizing my daily to-do list to juggle my job, daycare pick-ups and drop-offs, making husband's lunch, getting dinner on the table and still trying to squeeze in quality time for the hubs and the kids...stealing 2 minutes out of my day to run through the Starbucks drive-thru and feeling like it's a much needed vacation for my soul...maybe we both will see the life that God has given us as a blessing, and seek out all the beauty tucked away in the recesses of each day. Maybe tonight when I'm wearily folding laundry and you're wearily wishing your hubby was home, we raise our coffee cups together in a toast to the beauty of being women in all phases of life. :)
ReplyDeleteTerri! Your comment just made me tear up a little. I will gladly raise a cup of coffee with you tonight because, even if they're different, we have been blessed with beautiful lives!
Delete