I'm missing home tonight because it's Rebecca's Junior prom. She been to a few other proms and dances before this and not once have I been there. Honestly I don't remember exactly why I've missed all the ones before tonight's dance, I think I must have been out of town or working. I've never been able to see her all dolled up and ready to go dance the night away with Eddie (She's had the same date for all her dances so far and I think it's pretty rad). Nights like tonight make me feel like I'm missing out on a lot, even more than I normally do on an everyday basis.
There are a lot of things that I wish I could have done better as the oldest sister of four while I was still living at home. I could have been more kind, more loving, and Lord knows I could have been more patient. It kinda breaks my heart knowing that I can't get those years back.
....
Well I've sat here staring at the screen for about five minutes now with tears streaming down my cheeks. I can't really write anymore than what I already have so I think I'm gonna go. Mom just sent me a picture of Becca and Eddie and they looked absolutely amazing. I think my sister is the prettiest girl at the school. = )
i love you.
ReplyDeletei love you too. = )
ReplyDeleteiam the eldest of 5 and i do wish i could've done better with my siblings too. there are just so many things i missed about them
ReplyDelete