Wednesday, April 10, 2013

(untitled)



My first North Carolina spring is here.  I've been using our deck for some much needed sun-soaking and book reading.  I was expecting and anticipating the rise in temperature, but I wasn't expecting pine pollen.  The last few mornings when I get up and let the dogs out the air is thick with it, the cars in our neighborhood are dull and yellow, and I need a pill-a-day to keep the allergies away.  It sticks to everything, including wet puppy noses that are always sniffing something.  Our bathroom needs a complete scrub down because of a window being left open to help with the heat inside.  I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying it.  This is the North Carolina I'm used to and love.  The one that makes you want to live in a pool and wear as little clothing as possible.  Bring on the humidity and the sun-kissed skin.  I'm more than ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment