Isn't that such a sad title? But alas, I am flying solo for the next couple days. By flying I mean doing a lot of sitting on my bed...but anyways. When it came time to eat dinner yesterday, I looked at the meager contents of my fridge and just started pulling out ingredients. I wanted something that was going to be easy and filling.
So I came up with this pasta for one and thought I would share it because it's pretty bomb.
Ingredients:
* Olive Oil
* Black pepper
* Salt
* Red pepper flakes
* Minced garlic
* Red bell pepper
* Onion
* White wine
* Pasta (I used Penne, but it would work with any kind)
I started out by cutting up half a red bell pepper and onion.
Once that was ready I started boiling the water for the pasta.
Then I heated up my small skillet and added enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
I tossed in the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and let them cook there for only 30 seconds before I put in the onion and bell pepper.
The water was boiling so I salted it and put the pasta in (I used two handfuls just for me).
Once the bell pepper and onion were almost done I added the white wine.
I don't know how much exactly, but it was enough to make it coat the pasta completely.
I let that cook down until the pasta was done...
Which shouldn't take too long.
I just tossed it all together and got to eatin'. It was yummy and I was a happy girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment