Monday, September 10, 2012

When life flings a deer your way....

Literally.

On Friday I had decided to make lunch for James and me and meet him on his break.  After we were done eating, I had planned to run a bunch errands that needed to get done.

That all would have worked out perfectly, if I hadn't ended up being hit by a (very large) deer.
You read right, I was hit by a deer.

I was driving down the highway at about 50 mph, two lights before my turn, and out of nowhere I see this brown blur two seconds before it slammed into my car.  I screamed or at least I must have screamed because my throat was killing me later.  There was the extremely loud sound of breaking glass and I hit the breaks.  Opening my eyes there was just glass everywhere and my windshield, right in front of my face, was caved in way too close for comfort.  I was bleeding from little cuts on my arms and chest and crying like crazy.  Thankfully I snapped into "survival" mode and put on my hazards and pulled my car up onto the grass on the side of the road.  I hysterically called James and told him what happened and where I was and he was on his way in minutes.  Two precious ladies came to see if I was alright and the police and firemen were there super fast.  

This is what I saw when I got out of the car for the first time.
The deer initially hit the windshield and rolled back and took out my driver's side rear window too.





Crazy right?
I'm extremely lucky that God was watching out for me and it wasn't any worse.
I was totally fine the rest of the day and have only had to deal with a sore neck and some sore ribs.
Unfortunately we also have to deal with our one and only car being totaled.

Suffice it to say, our first full week in NC has been crazy and memorable. 
I would really like it if life would just hand me some lemons, instead of flinging a deer my way.

2 comments:

  1. oh my God!
    that's crazy. glad that no serious injuries were included. hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete