Tuesday, July 17, 2012

LDR



*Rant*

Tonight will hopefully be the last time (for awhile) that I'm sitting on my bed crying about the distance between me and the man I love.  That photograph above made my heart wrench a little bit tonight.  Far too many times in the past five years I've done that very same thing.  Walked away crying and repeated to myself, "Don't turn around. Just keep walking. Don't turn around. Just keep walking," over and over again.  Way too many couples take for granted the time that they get to spend together.  It is precious and it is something that you should be thankful for
every. single. day.

It is commonly said that the groom doesn't have a say or won't want to have a say in the planning of his wedding.  This, my friends, is complete bullshit. At least where I'm concerned.  I need his input and I really would like his help right about now.  Planning a wedding while you are still in a long distance relationship is hard.  In fact, I think I'm finding it harder to deal with then I did a deployment.  Not a day has gone by over this planning time that I haven't had something I need to ask him or want his opinion on.  This will be OUR day and what our guests see is going to be the product of a lot of text messages and phone calls back and forth in regards to what our wedding should be like.

All of that being said, I cannot wait for my long distance relationship to be over.  We have a TON of catching up to do and the rest of our lives to spend doing just that.  I have a feeling we're going to be "dating" each other for many, many years to come and I'm completely happy with that.

*This concludes the rant portion of tonight*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder of how good some of us have it. We really should be greatful. Praying for you and your guy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete