Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5

I've been thinking a lot about the number 5 today.
Especially in regards to different stages of life.

If you think about it, a lot happens to kids between the time they're born and the time they reach 5-years-old.
In that span of time they lean how to talk, walk, eat normal food, ride bikes, run, jump and can go to school.
Then once they hit their teen years there's a whole other set of things that they learn.
How to manage their time, how to handle drama, how to work, and how to love...all while going through high school and (most likely) their first year of college.
There's a lot that can happen in those few years.
Today, I've been head-over-heels in love with the man I will soon call my husband for 5 years.
We started dating in 2007 and man, have we been through a lot.
College, moving out on our own, enlistment, deployment, drama, trips back and forth to see each other, hours on the phone, thousands of text messages, engagement, and wedding planning...just to name a few.
Through all the ups and downs, I wouldn't trade a thing and I'm more than excited to start our next chapter, our next 5 years of life, together. Who knows what's going to happen! 

Our first picture as a couple. One of my favorites.

And one of our engagement pictures.

1 comment:

  1. that first picture of you two is so sweet! definitely makes sense that you have had a great 5 years with him :)

    ReplyDelete