Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Worth writing down


"Your book has a birthday. You don't know what it is yet."

That quote was an inspiration a few weeks ago and the topic of me writing a book has come up a couple times in the last few days.  My fiance thinks my first best seller is going to be a relationship help book.  My parents think I'm going to write a novel.  I don't know what to think.  I can write poetry with no issue.  A six page short story is difficult, but I can write it.  A whole entire book seems daunting to me.  Especially when I don't have any sort of idea where to start.  

I need to write though.  I've barely written anything lately and that's not the kind of rut I want to get stuck in.
Starting tonight I'm gonna write down whatever comes to mind and if my book really does have a birthday, maybe one of those random ideas will make it clear when that birthday will be.


Have a good Wednesday night loves.

2 comments:

  1. I was a Lit major in college, and love to write. I know what it feel like to get stuck in that rut though. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete