"The wreath says it all. Red bow, perfectly tied; placed in just the right spot; gently lit. A welcoming symbol of merriment to come. A circle of festivity. This is the home we all want to come home to---and this is the fantasy few of us actually do come home to. We can imagine what's inside where the warm glow lights the night: Beautiful tree. A fire in the fireplace. Candles burning invitingly. Time to sit quietly, savor the moment, and sip hot cider.
Yet once we pull out the boxes from the attic, most of us confront a time-intensive task with more 'task' than 'time.' We want the transformation of our houses to be completed virtually overnight and are frustrated at how long it inevitably takes."
Thomas Kinkade, "Christ, the Light of the World"
Just thought I would share some of these thoughts from this little book I'm reading this holiday season.
Tonight was something we call "Resting Before the Rush" at church, but I wasn't able to go due to the fact that I was rushing around taking care of little ones for eight hours today.
But tonight I'm enjoy getting in bed at reasonable hour, catching up on some blogs, reading this book, and just being mellow. I know these next couple weeks are going to be super hectic, but I'm excited and will always remember the real reason that I love this time so much.
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment