Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The house that built me


Photobucket




Happy November!

Like I said yesterday, along with a couple of my blogging friends, I'll be posting one thing a day that I'm thankful for.  Grab a button and link up!



Today I am thankful for my home.
This house in Salinas will always be "the house that built me" (to quote Miranda Lambert).
It's where I love to be!  Since moving back here at the end of the summer I have been the textbook definition of a homebody and it's been totally fine.  I'm thankful that my family is here.  I love that for the most part, all of our friends like to be here.  I really like that if you walk in the house right now it smells like fall from all of our candles.  I'm thankful that it's loud and a lot of times someone is singing and/or playing an instrument.
I missed this house while I was away at school and I'm going to miss it when I'm married and living on the East Coast.

I will always treasure the memories that were made inside these walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment