Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16: Keep Calm and...


Photobucket


Day 16 already? This month is flying by!

I've already written about how I'm thankful for my family, but today I'm thankful that I can call my mom.
Silly? Maybe. Necessary? Yes!


When I was living down south, I called my mom almost every day. 
Just to check in or to vent about whatever was going on in my life.
Several times I called her in a pile for various reasons.
My favorite one that I can remember is the night I forgot I had a test the next morning and I literally called her having a panic attack. She was able to calm me down though.

I bet there are some people out there who would scoff at the frequency at which I call my mom,
but she's not just my mom anymore, she's one of my best friends and I will call her just as much as I call Corinne, now that we don't live in the same area.

So, today I'm thankful for those many phone conversations back then and the many that are still going to happen throughout the rest of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment