Monday, May 23, 2011

Hard to care

I would not say that I'm a political person.
I can't stand political ads,
I'm not well versed on political measures,
I don't really know anything about the people that are in office
and,
at certain times over the last three years, I've felt super disappointed in the way people have responded to Obama's presidency, especially people who are Christ followers.
I firmly believe in Romans 13:1, which says:

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. (NLT)

That does not mean I believe that this guy is doing a good job at running our country or that I believe in what he says or does, I just think that instead of trying to nail this guy as a fake or trying to hang him and his politics, we should be trusting in a much higher figure and know that He's got this in His hands and one day we'll all have to account for what we've done...including the President of the United States.
That being said, for the next three weeks and 9 sessions of my intersession class, 
I'm going to have to care about politics and politicians.
My first exam is tomorrow...kill me now.
My first assignment is due Thursday...kill me now.
Summer is so close I can taste it.
I better be a lot more knowledgeable when this is all said and done.



No comments:

Post a Comment