Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 27

Day 27- my day job verses my passion

 Photo provided by www.lafitness.com

Currently I work at LA Fitness Sports Clubs as a receptionist/bill collector a.k.a a hustler...just kidding...sort of.
On a normal work day I sit at a empty desk (if there is one) and I make about at least a hundred phone calls on average to members whose electronic form of payment or EFT has decline in our system for whatever reason.  I "clear" them up.  This really is not a fun job.  Yes, I make 5 extra dollars for every clear up I get, which is very nice on payday, providing I do well.  But honestly it's basically the luck of the draw on who you call and if they'll clear up with you.  I get yelled at, hung up on, and cussed out on a very regular basis.  Some days when I get a member on the phone who is nice and willing to let me update their accounts, it makes me want to cry.  On Sundays, I get to actually work the front desk, check members in, and have some personal interaction with the people that come to my gym all the time and I love that!  I'm very thankful to actually have a job right now, with the state of our world being as it is, but I really wish sometimes that I could just quit.

Photo provided by designthinkingblog.com 

My passion is writing and journalism.
I've always been a writer and decided to pursue journalism as a career when I was a senior in high school.  I think the point that I really became passionate about journalism was when I started working on The Gavilan Press at my old community college.  I worked my way up to Editor In Chief and absolutely loved every minute of it...even the super late nights finishing that dang layout.  I honestly can't wait to graduate so I can start my career.  I hope it's as exciting sometimes as I imagine it will be.


My other passion is to be an amazing mother and wife.
(Yes, that's me on the left.)

I really can't wait to get married sometimes and I think about becoming a mother and it makes me super happy.  Hopefully someday soon I can fulfill these passions too.




 Photo provided by lulakate.com
 Bridesmaids in cowgirl boots?  I love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment