I'm struggling.
Yesterday was just a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day".
A few days ago I got an email from my school saying that they see I petitioned to graduate, but "there are things missing from your degree progress report." What??? I immediately made an appointment with my adviser for Thursday morning. So yesterday rolls around and after a half an hour of trying to figure out what's going on, the results were in.
According to CSULB, I'm 3 units short to graduate. They're claiming that I need a Political Science class.
I was in a pile. I was devastated. I was so angry.
I've been to a counselor at Long Beach three times and no one caught this. The Degree Progress Report is hard to decipher and there's no way I could have caught this on my own. I felt cheated.
However, this morning I woke up and felt a little better and decided to get to the bottom of this.
I think they made a mistake. Unless Long Beach has a specific Political Science requirement, I fulfilled that part of my GE Breadth by taking two U.S. History classes, an Intro to Sociology, and a Journ. class back at Gavilan.
So now I'm going to another advisement appointment on Monday and I'm gonna go in swinging until they tell me what the heck is going on. I hope that this is just one big mistake and I'll be able to graduate in May. I don't want to walk and "pretend" I graduated in May when I have to go back to school for May Intersession or Summer school.
That's just an update on my life. I'm trying to be calm and understanding of the situation but it's hard. I thought that the quote above was super relevant to everything right now. I love "Dear John".
Have a good weekend loves!

No comments:
Post a Comment