Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 13

Day 13- your 5 favorite books and why

This post is going to kill me! I can never ever choose my favorite books because I've read so many good ones over the years. I guess I'll just list the ones that come to mind right now.

1. "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova: This is a spin off "Dracula" and I loved it and read it way before "Twilight" was ever heard of.  This was also the book that my boyfriend, who was just my friend at the time, was reading one day at work and we had a nice little chat about all the books we liked to read and he even let me borrow his copy. 
  
2.  "All of A Kind Family" by Sydney Taylor:  My mom and dad read this book out loud to my sisters and me when we were younger and it's still one of my favorites.  I love how Taylor captures the bond between sisters in such a precious way.

3.  "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S. Lewis: The whole "Chronicles of Narnia" series is amazing, but this book was my particular favorite.  Something about the ocean and the quest they're on really captured my imagination.  The movie wasn't half bad either!

4.  "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory: There's something about this time period that really draws me in as a reader.  I've always loved it and Gregory does a great job at telling a story that we've probably all learned in history class.  Her other books are just as good! (The movie isn't worth your time!)

5.  "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald: Read this for the first time in high school and once again, fell in love with the time period and have liked this book ever since.  

Wow! I actually managed to narrow it down to five.

Two of my favorite things! The lake and a good book to read.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh....this picture has me longing for Pinecrest and a good book! (on my Kindle that is :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom - Summer's right around the corner!

    Carlee - Thanks! Glad you enjoy it! = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, this one is hard. but you have some great choices!
    i find it hard to remember which books i loved and which I felt meh about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, The Great Gatsby! <3

    ReplyDelete