Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 12

Day 12 (even though this was published after midnight, I was working on it long before!)
- write a poem to someone you love

I've spent the last probably four or five hours working on two other poems that are due for my class tomorrow, so I feel bad that this is last minute with little effort put into it, but it's actually a nice break.



"Would you walk to the edge of the ocean, Just to fill my jar with sand?
Just in case I get the notion, To let it run through my hand?"
-The Band Perry


We're at opposite sides of the continent,
me in the West and you in the East.
Over here my ocean is cold all year long,
over there your winters are bleak and freezing.
If I could, I would bring you my sunshine and heat in February
if you'll drive to the beach and play in the waves with me again in July.
I'd chase away the snow and ice you hate.
You would leave me with more memories to treasure.
The saying goes, "Home is where your heart is."
If that's true, then my home is where you are,
and I should be wishing for better weather too and finding warmth in your arms.


Ok, I was contemplating just using my poem that I wrote almost a year ago called "Midnight Music," which has actually been published, but then I thought better of it. You guys can just go read it there. 
= )


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I read your Midnight Music as well. You really have a talent for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! I'm definitely new at it, but I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete