Hannah, Kacey, and I decided when we moved in together, that we were gonna save all our recyclable things and turn them in when there was a lot to get money and use it for utilities or a fun roommate dinner. It kinda has become a joke around the house, since the last time I tried to do this at my old house, it didn't work out so well. Today since we didn't have school we decided that we would take everything we had so far into the nearest center. I'm not gonna lie, it was disgusting. We sorted all the cans and plastic and glass into separate bags, but some of them had been sitting since we moved in almost three months ago. Oh the smell. There's just one word that comes to mind, nasty. Poor Kacey and I were gagging at times it was so horrible. Anyways, we managed to get everything sorted and in my car, which looked like this...
We got a whopping $10.90 for everything, but the guy was nice so he gave us $11. That'll probably cover our gas bill, which is nice!
The rest of mine and Kacey's day was spent shopping (Hannah had to go to work *insert sad face here*). I told my mom a little bit ago that I really get buyer's remorse now when I spend money on myself. It's kind of annoying haha. To end our lovely outing, Kacey bought me Starbucks! I had my first seasonal drink in my RED cup! Yay!
Remember how I said we just got rid of all our recycling? Thanks to Hannah's work, 360 Combat Club, we're gonna have plenty more in the next couple weeks or so....
Yes, our whole entire bottom of our fridge is filled with soda. They had a party and donated the leftovers to us, since we're poor college students. Works for me!
This made me laugh! You could rinse out the cans/bottles/etc. before putting them in the bags! Better yet have three bags and sort as you go! Congrats on the donation...I shutter to think of all the sugar in those cans. Good thing you're all young!
This made me laugh! You could rinse out the cans/bottles/etc. before putting them in the bags! Better yet have three bags and sort as you go! Congrats on the donation...I shutter to think of all the sugar in those cans. Good thing you're all young!
ReplyDelete