Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When it Rains it Pours

For the last few days Long Beach has been hit with a torrential down pore that left streets flooded, my university student union destroyed, and 5 or so inches of water in the drivers side of my car.

Yes, my new car, was flooded. I came to class at 8:50 a.m., parked on the first level of the parking garage, and when I returned at around 1:15 p.m. I found this...


Now this is not the greatest picture ever and it doesn't do the pond beneath my car any justice but I waded almost up to my knees in water to get to the drivers side of my car. This was in a covered parking garage! 

Ah, anyways, I proceeded to buy a wet/dry shopvac, a space heater, and an electrical cord and spent the next hour and a half trying to dry it out.  After being significantly flustered I ran upstairs and had to get somewhat presentable because I had a job interview at 4.  (That will be another story later when I know what's going on.)

Now, a day later, CSULB is shut down tomorrow due to flooding and everyone is battening down the hatches for what's supposed to be an even bigger storm tomorrow.

Let's hope that we all come out OK...just kidding, we'll be fine.

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment