I can't believe we're already almost two weeks into the new year. I hope that all of you (who bother to read my ramblings) had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Those two particular holidays are probably my favorites.
This holiday season was a new experience for me since I was away from home for the better part of it. I had to hang some lights and buy a 3ft. tree to make my room feel a little more like home. Those were kind of futile attempts though because it didn't really feel much like Christmas until I came home. There's just something about being around all the people that you love to make the holidays feel right. Not only was I able to spend time with my family but James was home on leave too and since we had been apart for almost eight months we had a lot of fun together.
I think it's safe to say that this year has had a rocky start so far. Being back down here has been tough. I don't really know if it's because I know all my friends back home are still having fun on break while I'm back in school five days a week, or because I don't have anyone down here right now to hang out with, or if there's something else going on...but it's been pretty hard to be cheery the last two weeks.
Normally I would try to make a New Years resolution and try to stick to it as long as I possibly can but this year is a little different. I have a few New Years musts to make.
1. I need a second job or one full-time job that I can manage as a student.
2. I need to keep making friends down here.
3. I need to find a church that really makes me feel at home like SVCC does.
4. This one might be a long shot but James and I made it a resolution that we would see each other more than just 15 days this year....yeah two weeks and one day out of 2009 I got to see my boyfriend...major bummer.
So despite it's rough beginnings I'm hoping that 2010 will be a great year. I'll be one two more semesters closer to graduating college, this is possibly my family's North Carolina summer, and I know that God is going to do some really cool things in my life.
Talk to ya'll soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment