Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Night Before Life Goes On...

Tonight feels like my last night as a kid.  I mean I haven't been a kid for awhile but I haven't had all of the responsibilities of an adult either.  Tomorrow I'm leaving Salinas, my family, my friends, my church, my dog, and my house.  All in all I think I've been handling it pretty well but in the last five minutes or so my walls have come crumbling down and man all I can say is this is going to be hard.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to move down south and start a whole new chapter of my life down there.  The thought that I very well could be done with college in two years brings a huge smile to my face.  However, there are things about moving that break my heart.  The fact that I'm going to be so disconnected from my sisters and my brother kills me.  Missing out on hanging out at my house with the gang and getting together at someones house just because we feel like it is going to be tough.  Shoot, having to watch Lost and So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol without everyone makes me want to cry!

I know that God is gonna take care of me and He's gonna bring me amazing friends and He's gonna watch over me and the ones that I love while we're apart.  Right now it's just a little scary and overwhelming.  I'll be alright though and I can't wait to post things later and tell you all the amazing things that are happening in my life. 

1 comment:

  1. i remember how i felt when i was about to leave for college. excited but also sad at the same time

    ReplyDelete