Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thoughts..

Over the weekend, a young woman, passed away from acute leukemia at the age of 22.  I only had the privilege of being around Camila a handful of times, but when I was I loved her.  You can't help but love someone who is so bubbly, kind, and sweet.  I will always remember the Valentine's Day I spent with her and Corinne and her performance in Rent.  We found out about her cancer right after our wedding and it was a shock, but as her disease progressed I swear it sounded like their wasn't a negative bone in her body, she was positive and radiant about her circumstances.  

Her passing made me very sad, but also gave me a wake up call.  We might be struggling financially and things might be going wrong right and left, but we are healthy and in the huge scheme of life, our problems aren't that big.  I'll be thinking of Camila's family in the days, weeks and months to come.

1 comment: