Kim Novak makes satin sheets look so glamorous. It's a LIE though. Satin sheets are not glamorous or sexy or better than your average cotton sheets!
When we first got to NC with our queen size bed, I realized that we didn't own sheets for it. A quick trip to Walmart resulted in my husband begging for satin sheets...fake, cheetah print, satin sheets. I said, "Sure, why not?" We were newlyweds and having fun, but those sheets were not fun. The first few months we used them it was extremely hot outside so we had a fan going in our room. The sheets are so slippery that they would fly right off of us if we didn't hold them down while we slept. The genius who came up with pairing satin sheets with satin pillow cases should be shot, because your pillow would just slip right out from underneath your head in the middle of the night. The one thing that was nice about satin sheets was that your hair would look better in the morning. I bring this up now, almost a year later, because we pulled them out last night (after an excited puppy got too excited on our bed and we needed to change the sheets) and I realized again just how much I despise satin sheets.
So a word of warning, don't buy satin sheets. Ever.

Try bamboo sheets. They are wonderful!!! Julie C.
ReplyDeleteReally? Cheetah Print?
ReplyDeleteHaha, I loved this! ANd I pictured you saying "Good Grief" out loud as your pillow escaped you :)
ReplyDelete