Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving.



I'm probably going to be too busy stuffing my face tomorrow to write a blog about Thanksgiving.
Last year I headed up and participated in a 30 Days of Thankfulness series.  This year I've hardly blogged about what I'm thankful for and that makes me a little sad.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow, but at the same time homesickness has sunk in and I feel like crying.  I knew that the first holidays away from my family were going to be difficult and I thought I was going to be able to handle it better than I am.  I'm so thankful that for 23 years my whole family did the holidays up right.  We were all together, both sides, and our house was always full of love and laughter.  Someday I hope my kids will get to enjoy their holidays with their family just like I did!

I'm thankful that tomorrow I will get to spend Thanksgiving with new friends who I would do anything for.  I'm so thankful that we have a place to live right now because of them and that when I needed to borrow a car or get somewhere over the last few months they would help me out with no hesitation.  I hope one day we can help them out as much as they've helped us.

95 days ago I married my best friend and I'm so excited to start our own family traditions for the holidays!  I'm so thankful for these last 95 days and how wonderful James has been.  Everyone told me that being married is one of the best things in the world and I have to agree.  It hasn't all been perfect, but then again, nothing in this world is right?  I'm so excited to see where the next few years takes us!

I hope that where ever you are tomorrow and whoever you're with, your heart is full of thankfulness and that you enjoy your day to the fullest.

Happy Thanksgiving lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment