Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane, husband, and horrible luck...



This picture cracked me up as soon as I saw it.  We've been weathering a pretty awful storm over here on the East Coast for the last couple of days.  We personally didn't get too much of it other than some really strong wind, clouds, and a little rain.  It's also been down in the 50s and 40s as far as the temp goes and sweaters are out in full force.  Over on the home West Coast they've been dealing with earthquakes and I think I'd rather take some wind and rain.  Hurricane Sandy should be on her way out of our area by tomorrow.  I can now check "Survive Hurricane" off my non-existent bucket list.

My husband is finally home!! It was great to spend the weekend with him and get things accomplished (sort of, see next paragraph).  There was of course a lot of time spent catching up on sleep and cuddling during this stormy weather.  I really love him.  Is it too much to ask for him not to go away again for a very, very, very long time?  Yes, I know, keep dreaming.

The long story short of this whole situation is that we collectively have horrible luck.
Our mission in life this weekend was to find a car.  We need one desperately and thought that it was going to be a piece of cake finding one.  NOT! We fell in love with two different cars this weekend and were ready to buy and they had either been sold an hour before we called or the day before.  Really? It was very discouraging and now I obsessively check Craigslist every couple of minutes so that doesn't happen to us again.  Maybe by next weekend we'll be fully mobile.
 *Crosses fingers and says a prayer*


I hope your weekends were all lovely and if you were over on this coast that you were safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment