Monday, September 24, 2012

adjusting



Adjust - a: to bring to a more satisfactory state.

There are times in your life where there needs to be an adjustment period.  For me, the biggest times of adjustment came when I moved out and down to Long Beach and then again when I graduated and moved back home.  Now, more than ever, I'm in another adjustment period.  Adjusting to being a wife, to living 3000 miles away from anything that is remotely recognizable, and to needing to be more of an adult than I've ever had to be before. These are huge adjustments just on their own! But right now there's storms of life that are making these even harder.  It's just been one thing after another for the last month that have made it hard to not be "blown away."

Then, on days like today, when I'm stressed and frustrated because of the storms, I remember that I'm on an incredible journey and in a wonderful new chapter of my life.  All I need to do is "adjust my sails" and remember this...



Things might be difficult right now, but everything happens for a reason and eventually there will be a calm in the storm and things will be in a satisfactory state once again.

1 comment:

  1. Cling to Jesus, His Words, & God's promises. They will be the compass that guides you safely through the storms and will tell you which direction to turn those sails! I love you.

    ReplyDelete