The Color Run is in a little over 2 months! Some of my fellow bloggers have been posting about their color runs all over the US and every time I look at their pictures I get 10 times more excited for ours (look at them here and here)
However, I've hit a snag when it comes to running and it's super annoying. This past Saturday some of our team went and walked/jogged/ran on our local community college's track. Before then I had only been running on pavement which was working out for me just fine. I wasn't hurting afterwards and I was getting to where I could go farther and faster each day. After Saturday though my ankles are killing me! It hurts to walk and it really hurts to run.
What gives? Did running on a new/different surface mess me up?
Any fellow runners out there want to weigh in?

It could be your shoes... if they're getting old. I notice when I get a few too many miles on a pair of running shoes, I start to get little injuries. Or, it could be too much too soon. Good luck with the color run! It looks like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteThat's fairly odd...I could understand if you were used to running on a track then switched to pavement (which is the worst kind to run on). Bummer! Was anything else different about your run? Shoes? Pace? I hope the pains go away quickly. Try running on dirt for awhile until you feel better.
ReplyDeleteCheck your shoes- I have a friend call with the same issues after our run on a trail we use a lot. Her shoes are super old. A good pair of shoes is a must to keep your feet protected- so worth the money. I am doing the Seattle color run in 10 days!! I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I bought my shoes a month ago. They're new and hadn't been causing any discomfort thus far. I was able to run a little more on the track than I could on pavement. Maybe that's it! I'll keep at it and see what happens! Thank you for all your advice!
ReplyDelete