Sunday, March 4, 2012

Overflow

This weekend proved to be just as good as I had hoped.
My family and I got to traipse around with these two precious girls.






Irene (L) and Jamaecha (R) are part of Wold Help and their Children of the World concert.
Irene is from Uganda and Jamaecha is from the Philippines.  Both of them are funny and incredibly sweet.
We watched High School Musical together, because it's their favorite, and they sang a long with every song.
We also took them to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and to the beach.

The best part about this weekend was today at church when their whole group sang for us.
I think I was on the verge of tears the entire time.  Their faces were lit up and their voices were precious.
They have a list of tour dates on their website and if one of them is close to you, I would highly recommend you go.

I was really challenged by World Help's message this time around.  When is our abundance of gifts and resources going to "overflow" into the lives of kids and people everywhere who have nothing?  One of the main humanitarian issues World Help is trying to make a difference in is that of unclean and unsafe drinking water all over the world.




"There are about 1 billion people in our world that lack access to clean water. This causes 2 million unsafe drinking water deaths every year and 90 percent are children. Every day 6,000 children die from water-related illnesses. Diarrhea, malaria, typhoid, cholera, worms and parasites, and trachoma just to name a few. With each sip, the number of deaths grow." - World Help's website


There's something that we can do to help rescue these kids from a life that is filled with poverty.  If your family is in a position to, you can sponsor a child and help him/her get the nutrition, schooling, and safe water (to name just a few things) that they need for only $30 dollars a month.  As soon as the service was over I asked my almost-husband if we could sponsor a child after we get married and he said, "Yes."  I'm excited!

I will get off my soap box now, but this morning really touched me and I'm thrilled to have a blog where I can share this with you lovelies out there who might not hear about it any other way.
I hope your weekend was wonderful.




No comments:

Post a Comment