Day 15: My violin
I started playing violin when I was 6. By the time I was in high school I had gone through three amazing teachers, but by then it was becoming less and less of a priority.
When I was in college I would play sporadically for Christmas orchestras and such, but it had been a good solid two years since I had picked it up.
Then last week I found out that there was a violin in one of the homes that I babysit at and I picked up.
I couldn't believe all the random bits and pieces of music that came back to me.
I couldn't play a full song to save my life, but a few measures of this and a few measures of that and I felt more and more coming back.
Tonight I played with an orchestra at church as we rehearsed for the Christmas musical.
I loved every second of it, even when I got totally lost and I couldn't keep up.
My finger tips on my left hand hurt...especially when I'm typing.
I'll get it all back though...I have until Dec. 4!
I'm thankful that I started playing and that I'm still able to play!


No comments:
Post a Comment