Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's just a season



I will find a job eventually.
It may or may not be in Journalism, but right now a job is a job.

The NBC Nightly News did a segment today on how my generation is the one getting screwed in this crazy, horrible economic time.  20 and 30 year old couples are moving back in with their parents AFTER they get married and finding a job is ridiculously hard. I just sat there with a lump in my throat because this is hard for me!  Since the September after I graduated High School, I haven't not had a job. I've worked my butt off the last two years paying for college and not working is super scary.

Anyways, enough with the rant. I'm trusting that this is just going to be a season in my life and honestly it should be a really happy season.  I'm engaged to the man I love, we're planning a wedding (as best as we can at least), and even though it might not help me, I have a dang Bachelor's degree that I worked hard for!

I hope the everyone has an amazing, fun-filled weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Girl-I hear you! Take comfort in knowing that everyone who has graduated in the last few years is saying the same thing.

    It's hard to take a job that feels "beneath" a college graduate-but like you said, a job is a job, and they are all hard to come by.

    The time will come when you get to pursue a career in the field you studied in...but focusing on getting married, planning a wedding, and figuring out how to be a wife is definitely a time consuming task!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Alissa!

    ReplyDelete