Tomorrow, my two sisters and countless other people who are near and dear to my heart
are heading down to Tijuana, Mexico, for a week long missions trip.
They will be serving a family down there by building them a much needed house.
Yes, a whole house complete with a front room, two bedrooms, and a loft
(I have the floor plan memorized).
I've been on 6 of these missions trips since I was a freshmen in H.S.
This will be the 3rd for Becca and I think the 6th trip for Candace.
Candace has actually planned and put together this whole thing in its entirety, this year and last year.
The trips have always had an impact on my life in one way or another.
The first few times they were a huge reality check for just how blessed
we are to live where we do and how we do.
The last couple times, when I was going as an adult leader,
it was more me being there for the younger girls and guys.
This year I decided not go for several reasons.
I didn't feel called to go. I felt burnt out and a little frustrated by last year.
HOWEVER,
I'm so excited for this new team of HS/College age/Adult leaders who are going again!
If you think about it, say a little prayer for them and their team.
Pray for safety (cause if you read the news you know Mexico is not the safest place to be right now), for smooth travel, for health, and that they would grow closer as a team and closer to God.
Last year's group.
The blue house behind us was what we worked on all week.
We had just handed the family their first set of keys to their first house!

No comments:
Post a Comment