Hannah and I had been talking about going on a hike for weeks before Spring Break and yesterday we finally did it! We picked up our friend Lance from Union Station in LA and headed back to the coast to Malibu.
We ended up at Escondido Falls in the Santa Monica Mountains.
I can't tell you how much fun of a hike this was. It wasn't too difficult and the beginning and for most of the trail you're walking beside running water, which is one of my favorite sounds. After jumping across a couple of small creeks, you get to the very bottom fall, which is beautiful.
Then came the hard but still fun part. To get to the very top waterfall you had to climb a mountain...a little bit of an exaggeration, but still. At one point you used a rope to help get yourself up this super steep incline. After more rock jumping you got to the smallest, second waterfall (which sadly we didn't get a picture of).
When you finally reach the top, all of your physical exertion will be totally worth it!
The top waterfall is huge and the pool underneath it will make you scream cause it's so cold, but is deep enough for you to wade and swim (if you're crazy like Lance).
The three of us had packed lunch and we ate and talked to the other hikers that were up there before jumping in to take pictures.
I'm heading home to Salinas tomorrow!
I can't wait to see my family!
oh this looks like so much fun!! i love going for a good hike! my last one was through the red wood forest...wow that's amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThe red wood forest in California? or where you live?
ReplyDeleteIt was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better day!