Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tonight I was out to dinner with my lovely girls for Karen's birthday.  We went to BJ's Brewhouse and while we were there I got a chance to watch part of the Giants/Phillies game.  I couldn't help but notice that no one in the restaurant or bar area was very excited about this game.  Honestly, why would they be?  The Angels weren't playing. The Dodgers weren't playing.  So why would they care?  Why would I care since I'm not a baseball fan?

Well...cause it made me miss home.  If I had been at a BJ's up in Monterey or Salinas or San Jose, there would have been cheering and clapping all around me as I tried to eat and have fun with my friends. 

Funny how the oddest things can make you homesick.  Congratulations to all you Giant fans out there!


Photo provided by: isneach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment