As I've been thinking about what happened today and my life after gradation (there really is a connection), I began to kick myself and be afraid for my future career and relationships, because my attempted objectiveness is completely overtaken by how easily my emotions rule. Sometimes my emotions react even before my brain can and it starts this fast-spinning, out of control feeling and no matter what I do, I can't stop it. I could say that it's because I'm a girl, but that's not it, I just don't have enough strength (?) to just push that aside and think clearly. It's caused, still causing, and will cause problems and that scares me. Am I in the wrong field? Will I drive people away? Will I get fired? There's just so many questions that I'm wrestling with.
Today has been difficult, I feel like I failed a really important test or something to that effect. Anyone know of some classes I can take that will teach me objectiveness in my personal life? Wouldn't that be nice...
Anyways, I realize that this is a downer post but it feels good to write and clear my throbbing head of all these questions. Does anyone have any plans for this weekend? The girls and I are still trying to find something to do. I would tell you to be safe and don't take candy from strangers, but that doesn't work at all for this weekend (Ha!), so just be safe and have fun!
Photo provided by: http://www.editorsweblog.org

No comments:
Post a Comment