Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Midnight Music

Alright, I wasn't going to post this poem on my blog because it's erotic and just not something that I'm completely comfortable with, but I had to read it out loud in my class and I think they liked this one more than any other poem I've written so far so I guess I'll share it here too.  Try not to blush.  = )


Midnight Music

Your fingers start playing,
as though my body is covered with blank ledger lines
and you are composing a come-and-get-me melody.

We begin to move together in perfect, sultry, moonlit rhythm,
as this steady andante song begins to crescendo
and my head starts to hum along with the tune.

Arms, lips, legs, hips progress in steady four-four time,
we're swelled to an allegro in our song
and my skin tingles with the anticipation of what's next.

It's coming to an end as all great music does,
flowing from prestissimo, to presto, to rapido
and then there's a crash of cymbals.


As our instruments still vibrate with the last sweet, warm notes,
you wrap my sheet music into the blankets and pull me close to you
and I know that our song will be played again.





6 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes!!! Oh Gaaaaabe......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow...I'm sweating now! Just kidding. Tastefully done sugar!

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tasteful. All those years of violin lessons really did come in handy! You are becoming quite the poet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh deng! Oh DENG. My lil french croissant! lol. Nicely done sis. I think I would have loved to be in the class when you read it lol. I wonder what your tone was like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha sweet. i love that it's music terms and i understand it. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this...I'm a music nerd, so all of those references strike a chord (haha) with me. Lovely. My hubs would love this too!

    ReplyDelete