Thank you all for your advice two days ago. I would have written sooner but I needed to be in the right frame of mind first. If I ever have any other advice needs I'll make sure to post again. The funny thing is that we can think that we know the right choice and what would be best but ultimately God's just gonna do what He wants.
After I posted my question I went to work at Hollister and was pretty sure that I was going to take the job there and try it out. I show up and start doing the lead stock duties when my store manager makes a comment that I would be training a girl on the lead stock job later on that night. I was a little confused but everyone who works in the back needs to learn most everything that the lead stock does so I really thought nothing of it.
So eventually she shows up and I started showing her the ropes and we started talking. She asked how long I had been working at Hollister and then proceeds to tell me that she's been working there for a month and suddenly she drops a bomb on me...she's the new stock lead. What?!
Apparently my SM didn't feel like waiting to hear my answer and because I don't really live here, I just go to school here they decided to hire someone who is local. She had been given the position over the weekend.
Can you hear the door shutting (or slamming)? I sure did...still do actually. Another kick in the pants is now that because I know the job already and she doesn't, I'm training her.
I start working at LA Fitness tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
So that's the story. Case officially closed. Thanks again for your help.
Sorry it all happened the way it did, but I think you made the right decision (although I would have probably called the manager a jackass on my way out !!!). Best of lick in your new job...I'm sure you'll do great !!! I love you tons !!!
ReplyDeleteGod is so gracious and loving when he closes a door. (gently as always for he is gentle!) You will never know what he spared you from or opened you up to be available for. Jer. 29:11. Claims those truths daily! I love you!
ReplyDeleteMom